Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hah Hah!!! Another Brit abroad!!! And she's as mad about tables as me!! YEAY!!

So it is always good to find another Brit who, at some point or another, in her life was mad enough to emigrate. She however, went to Australia. We made the mistake of moving from a very sophisticated part of England (Surrey!! Sorry to all the Northerners who hate us Southerners) to New Zealand. Now it's not to say that there is anything wrong with NZ, but simply that the reputation of being at least 30 years behind the rest of the world is well deserved.

Being a British colony they have spent many years being under the umbrella of the UK, but without any of the perks. So in the last decade or so they have tried desperately to fight off all British identity and create one of their own. In doing that they have developed a style that is, in my opinion, very sterile. All items with any age to them have almost been thrown to the dogs!! So it is lovely to see so many blogs out there in blogland with the kind of style and elegance that makes my heart warm. I am more than a bit jealous though at seeing how many ladies out there get to buy such gorgeous bits and pieces and put them into the most wonderful houses. It warms my soul!!

So anyway enough of being a "Whinging Pom" and all I will say is, head over to the following blog and see for yourself how some people are just bursting at the seams with creative ideas and writing with such good humour.......I must confess I thought she must be a Brit when I first read the blog as her sense of humour is sooooo British...and I for one am very thankful for it!!!

http://www.abeachcottage.com/2011/03/beach-cottage-blog-tips-10-ways-to-find-the-time-to-blog.html

Anyway I hope that you enjoy her as much as I do!! Happy reading!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment