Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's my birthday...hurray

Well happy new year my beloved readers. New years eve seems such a while ago now even though it was just three short weeks. Now tomorrow I m having a dinner party, not especially as it's my birthday, but because I simply forgot it was my birthday and the day beforew and arranged a dinner party for a friend as she is up in the big smoke from Tauranga. Her and her gorgeous son Nathan will be here. On the menu

FOR THE STARTER is Goats cheese with caramalised onions and honey on a light puff pastry base with a creme of balsamic drizzle and a salad of baby leaves.
FOR THE MAIN is roasted chicken thighs with chorizzo sausage and baby potatoes. All roasted together with a coating of orange zest and a light sprinkling of cranberry and madeira jus. Served with roasted cherry tomatoes and baby leeks. On a pea puree.
FOR DESERT bananas poached in Rum and maple syrup served on a light as a feather sponge with vanilla ice cream balls coated in toasted coconut.

For anyone still hungry at the end of that lot, I have an assorted selection of cheeses.

I am used the HOMER LAUGHLIN FIESTA dinner set. Full pictures of table on the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment